- fossilized cliffs in Canada, considered the “Galapagos of the Carboniferous period”,
- the island of Surtsey in Iceland, which emerged from the sea 45 years ago,
- the vestiges of prehistoric agriculture in Papua New Guinea,
- Armenian churches in the Azerbayjan province of Iran,
- the birthplace of poet Nicolás Guillén in Cuba and
- the former hideout of runaway slaves in Mauritius.
You can also see some great photographs of newly added sites from Albania, China, New Caledonia, Slovakia (pictured above), Switzerland and Yemen here.